Resources for Active Adults
Grocery stores offering early hours
- Dollar General- strongly encourage only senior citizens during first hour of each day.
- Harveys- 8:00 - 9:00 AM every day for senior citizens and at risk customers; 8:00 - 9:00 PM Monday/Tuesday for first responders & healthcare workers. Offers curbside pickup (call ahead with order).
- Piggly Wiggly
- Publix- Tuesday/Wednesday mornings from 7:00 - 8:00 AM open only to ages 65+.
- Sams Club- Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 7:00 - 9:00 AM open only to senior citizens and residents with disabilities.
- Target- Tuesday/Wednesday mornings from 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM for elderly guests, pregnant women, and vulnerable/at risk individuals.
- Wal-Mart- Tuesday mornings from 7:00 - 8:00 AM for ages 60+
- Winn Dixie- Monday-Friday from 8:00 - 9:00 AM for senior citizens and high-risk customers.
- Farmer Browns- offers call ahead ordering & curbside pick-up
- Are we missing any? Email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org to add your store info if you are offering special hours/pick up.
Active Adult Resources
- South Health District
- Lowndes County Government
- City of Valdosta COVID-19 Updates
- Greater Valdosta United Way is offering assistance.
- Area Agency on Aging offers resources for senior citizens.
- AARP: Information and resources to help older people and caregivers protect themselves from the virus and prevent its spread.
- Georgia Department of Health: The State of Georgia has a new COVID-19 hotline 844-442-2681. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic. The department asks that you please not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.
- Don't forget about proper nutrition! Click here for info on healthy eating as we age.