UPDATE: TEMPORARY CLOSURES & PROGRAM POSTPONEMENT
Out of an abundance of caution and in keeping with the Local Emergency Management Purpose Order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks & Recreation Authority is implementing the following changes until noon on April 6th, 2020:
- Park locations will remain open as outdoor-only facilities to be used for passive recreation (walking, jogging, etc.) during regular park hours. All patrons must keep the CDC recommended six feet of social distance.
- All playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis courts, baseball/soccer fields, picnic shelters, and restrooms will be closed. The dog park and disc golf course will also be closed. This is necessary as those areas are spaces where people would normally congregate in close quarters and/or utilize shared sporting objects.
- All indoor facilities and centers including the Senior Center, the Mildred Hunter Community Center, and the Craig Center will be closed to the public.
- All programs including sports, special events, and rentals will be postponed.
- New reservations will be suspended.
Visit our COVID-19 page here at https://vlpra.com/277/COVID-19-Information to see our virtual programming we are providing during this time.