| ||June 2020 Truck Bid||INVITATION TO BID
Valdosta-Lowndes Parks and Recreation Auth.
P. O. BOX 1746
1901 North Forrest Street
VALDOSTA, GEORGIA 31603
BID # 05-2020
FOR: (3) 2020 4WD Full-Size Pick-Up with Crew Cab 159” Work Truck
BID OPENING DATE: June 5, 2020
TIME: 11:00 AM EST
NOTICE TO DEALERS/VENDORS
1. Any prices bid by dealer/vendor on any items offered to the VLPRA shall be the price effective at the date of delivery.
2. No delivery date of “ASAP” (As Soon As Possible) shall be considered acceptable on items that have a maximum delivery date listed in the specifications.
3. The VLPRA reserves the right to accept alternate bids on any or all items where maximum delivery date, as listed in the specifications is not met by dealer/vendor.
4. Signature below of authorized agent for dealer/vendor shall constitute recognition and acceptance of all conditions of the sale as listed above.
5. All shipping is to be FOB Valdosta, GA 31603 and included in total price unless otherwise stated in the bid document.
6. Please be aware that private and public mail carriers are not always reliable on next day delivery in our area. Please assure your response is sent in plenty of time to reach us. As you know, late responses are not acceptable. If you utilize the US Postal Service and mail your response to the physical address, the chances are high it will be diverted to our post office box so allow extra time for delivery. Private carriers will deliver to the physical address and be aware that although you pay overnight fees, overnight delivery is not always successful although you are told the delivery time will be met.
It is the intent of these specifications to furnish the VLPRA with the following requisitioned equipment, according to the attached. It is clearly understood that the following are minimum specifications and are made in order to show the exact quality through specifications of the equipment proposed.
The VLPRA reserves the right to accept any or all bids or to choose the bid considered to be in their best interest.
NO BID WILL BE CONSIDERED IF RECEIVED AFTER THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED.
Be sure to put the Bid Number on the outside of your return envelope.
INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
1. Proposals must be made upon the form of the proposal attached hereto. They must be enclosed in a sealed plain envelope, with the bid number written on the outside and endorsed with the title of the proposal, and must be filed with the Executive Director of the VLPRA, located at 1901 North Forrest Street. In the event you choose to mail your proposal, it should be mailed to George Page, P.O. Box 1746, Valdosta, Ga. 31603.
2. No bidder will be allowed to withdraw his proposal for any reason whatsoever after the bids have been opened.
3. The specifications represent the minimum general size, weight, capacity and performance characteristics desired in the equipment to be purchased. These requirements are not intended to prevent obtaining fair prices or to eliminate competition, but to insure, if possible, that all bids submitted shall not be subject to correction or alteration after the bid has been filed, opened, and publicly read. In view of an unusual wide disparity in details of design and manufacture, complete descriptive literature and manufacturer’s specifications must be submitted on each type of equipment offered. The VLPRA reserves the right to evaluate any or all bids, particularly where there is a range in specifications. Special consideration will be given to the ready availability of repair parts and service.
4. It is expressly understood by the bidder that written notice of the award or purchase order by the VLPRA will constitute an agreement and consummate the transaction and will serve together with the proposal, the advertisement, these instructions and the detailed specifications, as the entire form of contract between the parties.
5. The bidder agrees that the VLPRA reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, or to accept the part of the bid considered to be in the best interest of the Authority.
6. Specifications referred to minimum, therefore unless otherwise indicated by the bidder, the Authority will assume proposals meet or exceed all specifications.
7. The names of a certain brand, make or definite specifications are to demote quality standard of the article desired, but do not restrict bidders to be specific brand, make or manufacturer named; it is to set forth and convey to prospective bidders the general style, type, character and quality of the article desired.
8. The award of the contract will be made to the lowest responsible bidder taking into consideration quality performance and the time specified in the proposals for the performance of the contract. The VLPRA reserves the right to reject all bids as appears in its own best interest and to waive technicalities. In cases of a tie, the bid in the best interest of the Authority will be awarded.
VEHICLE #1 (Purchasing 3)
• 2020 4WD, full-size, pick-up with crew cab 159” Work Truck
• Number of doors: 4 full size, crew cab
• Wheelbase: 159 minimum”
• Drive wheels: rear, Four Wheel Drive
• Minimum Engine type: gasoline, V8-cylinder
• Minimum Engine size: 6.6L V* with Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing, gasoline (401 hp@5200 rpm, 464 lb-ft of torque)
• Minimum GVWR, 11350 lbs. with single rear wheels
• Transmission: Automatic
• All mfr’s standard equipment
• Power steering
• Brakes: 4-wheel ABS
• Tires: All-terrain
• Spare tire: mfr’s standard, mounted on wheel, include jack
• Fuel tank: mfr’s standard
• Radio: mfr’s standard
• Heater and air conditioner, factory installed
• Driver and front passenger airbags
• Floor covering: Black-colored rubberized-vinyl floor covering
• Exterior mirrors: Right and left side, Black, vertical camper-style outside mirrors
• Heavy duty trailer towing package, installed, mfr furnished, including 2” frame mounted hitch and wiring harness
• Seats: front: 40/20/40 split, rear bench. Both seats black color vinyl only.
• Power outlet, 12-volt
• Power windows
• Power door locks
• Electronic Stability Control
• Sprayed Bedliner
• Commercial Floormats (color black) for front and back
• Color – Silver
• Audio System Feature, Infotainment 3 system, 7” diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo, 6 speaker system along with bluetooth for phone connectivity to vehicle infotainment system.
• Running Boards are to be installed on truck as well.
• Include 5th Wheel Hitch
• Skid Plates
• Keyless Entry
• Include Extended 100,000 mile Full-Warranty Options Package (Price Separately)